Easy Grilled Pizza
Grilled Pizza is a layered traditional pizza with a soft cheese combination, a little spice, thin cut salami topping all sweetened up by honey drizzled over top. Grilled to perfection.
Simple, fast and flavorful! If you love pizza as much as we do try this Easy Homemade Pizza Ever, Best Ever Zucchini Crust Pizza, Taco Pizza or Bacon Chicken Alfredo Pizza to satisfy all your pizza cravings.
Summer is coming to an end now that school is about to begin for some of us and I am not ready. I still want all things grilling, swimming and sunshine.
We love to grill and we love pizza. I knew I had to try grilling a pizza before the summer is over. This pizza turned out perfect!
It was fast and simple with the store bought pizza dough. You can make your own homemade quick pizza dough too.
Plus all of the toppings were easy and flavorful when layered together. I am telling you, you cannot go any easier on dinner tonight.
Store bought pizza dough, pizza sauce and then your favorite toppings. It is that simple and delicious! You can’t go wrong!
What you need to make grilled pizza
- Olive oil
- Store bought pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- Grated Mozzarella cheese
- Goat cheese
- Roasted red peppers
- Salami: 10 slices
- Red pepper flakes
- Reynolds Foil
If you are hoping to make your own marinara sauce, I have just the recipe for you.
Because I know my Slow Cooker Meatball Marinara sauce is the BEST. You can try it here on your pizza too!
- Place Italian stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, powdered garlic, Italian seasoning, thyme, oregano, sugar and lemon juice in a blender.
- Blend until the sauce is smooth and ingredients are combined.
- Brush on the pizza dough.
I knew I wanted to make a grilled pizza and I knew Reynolds Wrap was going to save the day. Reynolds wrap is my go-to for all things cooking, baking and now grilling.
You will want tough, lined wrap that will withstand heat, hold up your food as well as bake it to perfection! Reynolds wrap did all of the that and more.
I got the crispy edge that I was wanting. The center of the grilled pizza was cooked throughout and my family enjoyed every bite.
We ended up making 5 pizzas with the help of Reynolds wrap. It helps that this grilled pizza is so simple to make and grilling it just became my favorite way of cooking a pizza.
How do you make grilled pizza?
- Preheat grill on high heat.
- Tear a square of Reynolds foil and brush with olive oil.
- Roll pizza dough onto foil and top with pizza sauce, mozzarella, goat cheese, red peppers and salami.
- Pick up the edges of the foil and place directly on grill. Close grill and allow to cook for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges begin to char.
- Remove from grill and transfer to a cutting board.
- Drizzle with honey and red pepper flakes before serving.
Different toppings for pizza
Mix and match your pizza how you like it! This is an easy grilled pizza that can be changed and adapted in SO many ways.
- Black Olives- canned, sliced black olives
- Sausage- brown sausage ahead of time
- Mushrooms- slice thin
- Tomatoes- slice thin
- Bell Peppers- cut into chunks or slices
- Ham- cut into fourths
- Pineapple- can pineapple is best
Do You Put Toppings or Cheese on after the Sauce?
Putting toppings onto the pizza first creates a mushy goulash covered dough that is unappetizing and unpleasant to eat. Toppings, as long as they go on top of the cheese, should represent a compliment to and with the cheese.
We offer a variety of different cooking foil products to meet your various household needs.
Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil is available in a variety of widths and thicknesses to accommodate just about any task. Their kitchen foil withstands high heat and extreme cold, making it perfect for everything from grilling to freezer storage.
Check out all their products and what each of them are known for:
- It locks in flavor: Use foil packets for delicious, easy meals in the oven that stay moist and flavorful.
- Keeps Food Fresh: Wrap and store leftovers in foil to lock in freshness in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Prevent Burning and Splattering: Use foil to cover pans when cooking in the oven or on stovetop.
- Used For: Lining baking pans and covering dishes, making packets for the grill or oven, and storing leftover foods in the refrigerator or freezer.
- It provides easy clean up!
Can you freeze grilled pizza?
Sure thing! Prepare the pizza the same with the Reynolds Wrap and store in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Aluminum foil has the lowest moisture-vapor transfer rate of all wrapping materials. This means that it is the most effective in preventing the loss of moisture and vapor from the food.
This is the reason why foil is preferred over plastic wrap for long-term food storage or freezing.
Heavy duty foil is also recommended when freezing meals. This kind of foil offers extra protection from freezer burn when wrapping foods for freezer storage.
Tips for grilling pizza
- No need to cook the pizza dough prior to adding the toppings. Simply roll out the dough, add pizza sauce and toppings of choice, then grill for 5-7 minutes.
- Make your pizza crust crispy by rolling the dough out on the thinner side. Be careful not to make it too thin, because you don’t want it to fall apart when you add the toppings.
- You can store pizza dough in the refrigerator for about a week, coated lightly in oil and sealed with Reynolds wrap.
Are you wanting more pizza recipes?! Try these ones!