Skillet Garlic Butter Steak and Shrimp
Skillet garlic butter steak and shrimp is pan-seared to tender and juicy perfection and slathered in garlic herb butter. This will be the best steak and shrimp that you EVER make!
There is a steak for every occasion! There are so many fantastic steak recipes on the site. Be sure also to try this steak and potatoes, these incredible steak bites or this perfect flank steak!
A Reader’s Review
“HOLY. MOLY. This recipe is KILLER! Absolutely knocked it out of the park!”
Skillet Garlic Butter Steak and Shrimp
You can always count on a good steak recipe from me. You can thank my steak-loving son for that. We have it just about every single week! I love cooking up steak because it is so easy to make, and there are so many ways to cook it up! Because there are so many recipes, I can cook them often, and it will taste different every time! And in this recipe, you add in the shrimp plus some garlic butter and you’ve got yourself a meal to remember.
This meal uses all of your senses, and I’m here for it! Not only does this fill your house up with the most delicious smell, but that sizzle that your steak and shrimp make while cooking in your pan is unmatched. Then, you taste the final product, and your mouth will be watering for another bite. Not to mention that it makes it when you add shrimp to the meal, so there is something for everyone. Oh, and trust me when I say that I have perfected the garlic herb butter sauce. I am here to tell you… this will be the best steak and shrimp you EVER eat!
Ingredients for Garlic Butter Steak and Shrimp
Get ready to have a new favorite meal! This garlic butter steak and shrimp is going to blow you away! Plus, it’s simple to make. It doesn’t get much better than that! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- New York Strip Steaks: I like to make sure that my steaks are lean.
- Salt and Pepper: Use this to your discrestion to season the steak.
- Olive Oil and Butter: The steak is cooked in oil and butter to give it some flavor and a perfect outside edge.
- Large Shrimp: Make it easy on yourself by using peeled and deveined shrimp.
- Garlic Cloves: If you don’t have any fresh garlic cloves then you can use minced garlic. ½ teaspoon equals about 1 clove of garlic.
Garlic Butter Compound:
- Butter: Soften this to room temperature before making it.
- Garlic Cloves: Just like for the steak, if you don’t have any fresh garlic cloves then you can use minced garlic. ½ teaspoon equals about 1 clove of garlic.
- Thyme, Rosemary and Oregano: These should be fresh and chopped up to the most delicious flavor!
How to Make Garlic Butter Steak and Shrimp
This recipe is so easy and cooks up quickly! It’s a great dinner to make to impress any guests because it looks like you spent all day in the kitchen making it!
- Cook steak: Turn a medium sized skillet to high heat. Add the olive oil and butter and then add the steaks. Cook on each side for 3 minutes or until outside is browned. Reduce heat to medium high. Cook the steaks to desired doneness. Mine took about 8 minutes flipping 3 times to get a medium. Once they are done then remove them and set aside on a plate.
- Add shrimp and butter: Reduce the skillet heat to medium. Add the shrimp and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until opaque. Put the steaks back to the skillet. Then, make the garlic butter compound. Mix the butter, garlic and fresh chopped herbs. Slather on top of steaks.
What is the Best Pan for Cooking Steak?
A cast-iron pan is recommended for steaks. I used a cast iron pan for this garlic butter steak and shrimp, and it turned out amazing! Make sure the cast iron pan is well oiled and seasoned. You can also use a cast iron grill pan.
Cooking Temperatures for Steak
It’s important that you know how to cook a steak so that you get it cooked just how you and your guests like. Here is a temperature guide that you can follow.
- Rare: Temperature: 115°F; Remove when it reaches 110°F
- Medium-Rare: Temperature: 125°F; Remove when it reaches 120°F
- Medium: Temperature: 135°F; Remove when it reaches 130°F
- Medium-Well: Temperature: 140°F; Remove when it reaches 135°F
- Well Done: Temperature: 150°F; Remove when it reaches 145°F
What to Serve with Steak and Shrimp
This garlic butter steak and shrimp can go with just about anything! Add in some pasta, rolls and potatoes and you have yourself a meal that looks fancy and tastes absolutely delicious! Here are a few ideas for you to make with this!
What is the Best Steak for Pan Frying?
There are certain types of steak cuts that fry up better in a pan. These are a few that I would recommend cooking this way!
- New York Steak
- Rib-Eye Steak
- Sirloin Steaks
- Rump Steaks
- Filet Steaks